FAQ — Frequently asked Questions
- What are causes of Infertility?
A) Male 30%, Female 40% and combined male & female causes 40 %.
- What is the Success rate of IUI?
A) 10 % to 20 %, depending on female age factor and duration of marital life.
- What is the Success Rate of IVF?
A) 30% to 60%, depending on female age and ovarian reserve and Male semen sample.
- When IUI is indicated?
A) Male factors – with low sperm count , some cases like
– Sexual Dysfunction
– Un explained Cause
Female factors – Endometriosis
- When IVF is indicated?
A) Male Factors like Very low count, less than 5 million per ml
Female factors – Repeated IUI failures and some cases like,
– Severe Endometriosis
– Blocked Fallopian Tubes
– Un explained infertility
- I am suffering with PCOD, will I not conceive at all?
A) 80% —to 90 % people conceive with PCOD.
- Do I need to undergo HSG (HYSTEROSALPINGOGRAM)?
A) Not a must, depending on Clinical Situation.
- My husband has low sperm count, will I not conceive at all ?
A) Many treatments are available for conception.
- Is IUI or IVF are must in Fertility Centre?
A) No, many couples conceive with slight help.
- Are there any side effects of this treatment?
A) Multiple Pregnancy (more than one baby).
- Are the Hormonal treatments harmful for me or for our child?
A) Not harmful. Proved in multiple studies.
- How much time it will take for one IVF cycle ?
A) Daily injections – 10 Days
Egg collection — 1 Day
Embryo transfer– 3 days later.
No need to stay in hospital.
- How long we can freeze our Embryos?
A) According to ICMR- [INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH] we can freeze the embryos for 5 years.